28 August 2007

My Friend the Gourd

I have a friend. I believe he is a gourd. This is why I call him Gourd, not to be mistaken for another fellow who is very dear to me, known to some as Gord. He is a good Gord, a better Gord than Gourd, but Gourd is still an excellent gourd, though not a Gord at all.

My friend Gourd is a new friend. I have only known Gourd for a few weeks, but in this time he has grown by many feet and has sprouted lovely growths. These growths do well for Gourd, very much unlike the same growths would do for me. Each time I see Gourd, he has sprouted new lovely growths, and at one end he has a bulbous green growth that should be a matter of interest in the time to come.

My dear Gourd has moved very far without going anywhere at all. Though he climbs down the wall, his firm stance remains where he came into being. Often I wonder, how did Gourd get to come into being where he did? It is an odd place for a friend to live.

I look forward to seeing my friend once more. It is always a pleasure to see his progress.

No comments: