12 April 2008

Dream those troubles away.

Good evening. I have a suspicion that there is trouble brewing, unless of course I am just looking upon trouble fermenting or even trouble already drunk. Regardless, I believe that there is trouble, and it is troubling. There were these rituals, and they were broken. Broken rituals always lead to disaster. Also, I had this dream earlier in the week, and I was fighting off a zombie apocalypse. I think I won, but I do not really remember. One can only assume.

Another night I had this other dream, and I woke up saying, "It is a good thing that was only a dream!" Then, later that day, it came true. I did not want that dream to come true, you see, for I wanted it to come false. Thus trouble, but it could have been far worse.

That same day there were these sounds, but they were perceived as other sounds, which spread difficulty and confusion. Confused difficulty was spread, I mean. Understanding was confounded by these sounds, I mean. I mean, these sounds were meant to be some sounds, but they were to the foreign ear some different sounds. I wish the sounds had been right and proper. Do you know what I mean?

Today I saw a doppelganger of a dream. I had seen it happily before, but today it died with much misfortune. What does this make of the true dream? I do hope it shall be all right, for it is the nigh unto best of dreams, one to be dreamt by day and by night.

Can you hear the silence? Neither can I, and it is dreadful, but there are worse matters. In a certain place much now lingers in ruin, and only for the occasional death agony is the void filled. Troubles unto overflowing have brought this fate. To alleviate this fate there must be dreams, and they must be worth coming true. I am glad to have such dreams.

4 comments:

maria said...

My dreams are never really good or bad. There are about odd things like robins in a tower or goldfish in a checkered room with pillars or trying to find the proper kind of apples to bake a pie in a little cottage.

A side note about zombie apocalypses: whenever my frined Adam enters a new place, he comes up with a plan for defense against a zombie apocalypse in that particular place.

Thorvald Erikson said...

I would immediately place those odd things among the good. I tend to be happy with any dream that does not present me with some catastrophe, but catastrophes are not frequent. Thus I like how you think.

I wonder whether there is anything about zombie apocalypse defense plans in -Scouting for Boys- or any subsequent boy scouts' manual.

maria said...

Hmmm... I don't know. There was a Boy Scout manual at the rummage sale, but I didn't think to check for zombie defense strategies. Doh! How could I neglect such a thing?

Thorvald Erikson said...

Ah, yes, the Boy Scouts' Y2K manual. I saw it, and I looked for important Y2K information (such that on a zombie apocalypse), but all I found were instructions for obtaining badges in things like Life Saving and Space Exploration.