03 April 2008

Experiencing Things

O friends! O kind and gentle friends! I have been awake for more than thirty consecutive hours now for the sake of paper-making. It is 6:11 pm on 3 April 2008, by the way. I ceased to think on a rational basis a long time ago. Presently I am doing little more than sensing and watching the show that my part-sleeping brain is putting on. For instance, I am having a blue experience right now, for I am gazing upon a blue label. It is made of plastic, so I am also having a plastic experience. All day I have been seeing the people walking around, sitting around, and standing around, and these respectively gave me sitting person, walking person, and standing person experiences. Many of them caused me distress with their crude guffawing and their laser vision and their mind-reading powers. I am hiding inside now, but the window is open so that I can escape.

This morning I had a thought. I think it was this morning, at any rate. When one employs superhuman powers to forgo sleep, the time of day has considerably less meaning. At any rate, I was in a room, and I had this thought, and the thought was disturbing and unpleasant, so I gazed at the wall. It gave me an off-white experience and a smooth experience. Goodbye bad thoughts. I am now am experiencing Wall. Have you ever seen my impression of a wall? I borrowed it from classical literature. I would hate for anyone to go without a me-as-wall experience.

In the outdoors last night, in the area of 2:30 am the temperature was colder than yesterday at 2:30 pm. I know this because I went out with a coat at 2:30 am, but I went without my coat at 2:30 pm. The nighttime is different from the daytime. It is easier to do evil in the nighttime, except evil in broad daylight. Of course, eventually, I looked out the window and I saw that it was light out. O gnos! Daytime experience! Sunrise experience! Window experience. At one point I was looking at the floor getting a floor experience, and there was this paper sitting there, except it was moving, except it was still. Do you know what I mean? Psychedelic paper experience!

I will conclude with a sensational English alphabet and several other sounds:
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z sh ch cthulhu

4 comments:

maria said...

I'm pretty sure you used the wrong colors for some of those letters. The letter c should be brown, and h should be orange. But that's only for today, and I don't know if the others are right or not (Well, I know the a is okay and so are the j and the u. And no, this is not my arbitrary opinion willed into existence.). I wish I was actually synesthetic. I don't always know what color words or numbers should be, let alone sounds and smells. I doubt that truly counts as real synesthesia.

Thorvald Erikson said...

Neither is my position arbitrary. Those letters are approximately those colors and no others.

One can always dream, even if it will never come true. I was saying to an excellent fellow just a couple of weeks ago that I myself should quite like to be synesthetic, for we were speaking on the Mystic Chord and color systems in music.

Here is an oddity. Not long ago I was asking my brother what colors different musical keys are, and we were in almost complete agreement.

Lastly, I must add that there is profound joy to be taken in sitting around associating colors with non-colorful things without regard for the fact that each one is just another category mistake.

maria said...

Today the theater director at Finneytown told the actors to breathe in blue and breathe out red. I know for a fact that he hasn't a smidgen of synesthesia, but he believed in his ability to breathe colors and that the cast could do the same.

Thorvald Erikson said...

I just asked a certain associate of mine...

I am breathing green, he tells me.