21 July 2008

The Art of Butchery

My friends! Today I made a visual art project! It is a collage, which I shall now explain. You see, this morning I traveled to Northern Hills Christian Church in order to involve myself in the cleansing and rearrangement of its Dungeon. Now in a certain darkened corner of a certain cabinet deep within the dank darkness there was a small collection of mostly unusual albums, and we wondered what was to be done with them. Thus it was decided that some of their breathtakingly wondrous covers would be transformed into a new and beautiful thing to be hung on the wall: a collage. It was then that my work began, paper cutter and scissors before me, butchering these album covers for the tender meats of their images. From Mundo Earwood to Guy and Ralna, the selection was indeed of the highest grade, and these quality ingredients combined in the most splendidly novel ways. Among the finest pairings were certainly between such song titles as "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" with new and interesting pictures. I must say, I am immensely pleased with the result, and I mean to post a photograph of my masterpiece here in the near future. Also, if you are wondering what happened to all the bizarre records (including the Superheroes' Christmas), they all came home with me. I am ready to party.

2 comments:

maria said...

I can't wait to see it. Collages are so much fun.

Thorvald Erikson said...

Of course, right from the start, my qualm was, "Wouldn't Maria be better at making this thing?" That being unknowable, I chose and still choose to revel in the mirth of my work.