03 August 2008

The Platonist Party

My friends, as some, maybe all of you are aware, I have founded a political party, which is the Platonist Party, otherwise known as Partyness. Realize, I have not yet registered with the FEC or anything of that sort, but in principle the Platonist Party now exists. Now, as I understand it, there are several things that need doing in order that the Party become officiated. First, I shall have to appoint an Ideal Treasurer, otherwise referred to as "Treasurerness," to govern the party next to my office of Ideal Chairman, otherwise referred to as "Chairmanness," primarily tending to the Party's bank account, which would need to be opened. Otherwise the Party would have to depend on entirely grassroots campaigning, which actually is not at all a bad idea. In order to do these things, though, it is essential that I host a Platonist Party Convention in which I can formally declare the principles of the Party, pulled mostly from the Repubic. O what a party the convention shall be! Verily, it shall be nothing short of Conventionness! There I shall vow to govern according to the good and the true (for the true is the good), and according to the just, which is a good. For it is far better to rule according to the just. For this reason the Platonist Party is fated for immense success. How could a voter justifiably vote against the just, thus voting against the good and the true? In fact, every vote against the Platonist Party is a confession of unjustness, and as the Party Chairman, I do not think that people like that ought to be voting. Indeed, a maximal election, Electionness, would consist of naught but votes for the Platonic Party, and that is going to go in the charter. That being said, I will be running for my district's seat in the House of Representatives in 2014 as a Platonist. I will challenge my competitors to such debates as "What is the good?" and "Is it better to be just or unjust?" Vote for me.

A Moral for the Lost and Confused: Neither the problem of universals nor (more broadly) ontology are things to be laughed away; rather laugh them into your minds, and I mean that metaphysically.

No comments: