04 January 2009

Driving Blind

Here's what happened. I was driving, and in so doing I made a mighty charge forward, in the name of progress. In order to properly charge, it was only natural that I should make a suitably heroic gesture. I clenched my hand in a fist, signifying power. I raised it aloft, and I shot it forward, as lightening across the heavens. I punched my rear view mirror right off. Immediately thereafter, as I tried to figure out what I had done, certain emergency lights began to flash. This was either because the mirror fell off or because, in falling, it hit the emergency button. The fact that the mirror was held in place by mere glue indicates the latter. Having done this, I wondered, "Now what?" I sought refuge in a parking lot, which required that I move over a lane, but the emergency lights forbade my signaling. Thus I was forced to wait for those behind me to pass me before I could comfortably switch lanes, and this was much more difficult without a mirror. In short, I did find my way into the parking lot, where I called home, asking what I am to do without a mirror, how to turn the emergency lights off, and whether I should still drive the car. The button was found, and I was told to be careful as I drove home without a mirror. I am now home safely. No worries.

1 comment:

maria said...

We were wondering what had happened, which is why I slowed down, which ended up keeping you from switching lanes. Sorry about that.

We're happy to know that nothing went too terribly wrong.